Full Practice: 2020 (Hong Kong)
- Bachelor of Arts (English Literature), CUHK (First Class Honors)
- Juris Doctor, CUHK (JD Scholarship for Academic Merit)
- PCLL, CUHK (Distinguished Scholarship Place)
Scholarships and Awards
- PCLL Distinguished Scholarship Place
- JD Scholarship for Academic Merit
- CUHK Kunkle and Pommerenke Grand Scholarships: Full-Tuition Scholarship Award
- CUHK Chung Chi Departmental Prize (Honorary Title): Awarded to the best final year students
- CUHK Chung Chi College Class Scholarship (Honorary Title): Awarded to students with the best academic record in each class
- Dean’s List
Conan joined Chambers in 2020 after having served pupillage with Mr. Derek Chan SC, Ms. Yvonne Fong, Mr. Isaac Chan, and Mr. Joseph Lee.
On the criminal side, Conan has worked on areas such as market misconduct, conspiracy to defraud, bribery, money laundering, immigration offences, road traffic offences, drugs-related offences, gross negligence manslaughter, indecent assault, etc.
On the civil side, Conan has worked on areas such as contract, companies, commercial, trust, insolvency, competition, land, enforcement of arbitration awards, as well as other general civil matters.
During his JD studies, Conan was among the top in 11 law subjects including Contract Law, Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Legal Research, Analysis and Writing, Equity and Trusts, Company Law, Constitutional Law, and Administrative Law.
Conan was a Judge’s Marshal in the High Court (both criminal and civil courts), District Court (criminal courts), and Magistrate’s Court. He has been a member of the Hong Kong Schools Mooting and Mock Trial Association since 2018 where he offered advocacy training to secondary school students. Conan was invited to sit as a presiding judge in various local Mock Trial competitions. He also participated in various mooting competitions and was highly regarded by the judges.
Conan was previously a junior reporter and freelance columnist for the South China Morning Post, and he was once awarded the title of Best Speaker in the SCMP NESTA Debating Competition.
Conan is developing a broad practice, and is receiving instructions from both criminal and civil side. He is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Putonghua. He is also capable of providing written submissions and conducting hearings in both English and Chinese.
- Research Assistant, Hong Kong Archbold 2019 (Chapter on mens rea)
- Research Assistant, Halsbury’s Laws of Hong Kong: Contract (vol. 18)
- Research Assistant, Ho & Hall’s Hong Kong Contract Law, 4th Ed (2017) and 5th Ed (2019)
- Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance (Cap 623): Reforming the rigid common law doctrine of privity, The Hong Kong Student Law Gazette: Fall 2017 Issue
- The MWB Decision: Bringing the Contract Law of Part-Payment into New Territory, The Hong Kong Student Law Gazette: Spring 2018 Issue